|ICAO Code:||CYYB/YYB||Info Last Validated:||dec06|
|City:||North Bay, Ont.||Position:||46°21'49"N 079°25'22"W|
|Runway(s):||08/26, 18/36||Elevation:||1215 ft|
The former CFB North Bay is now owned by the local government. Their infrastructure is now developed for civil use. Both Air Canada and Bearskin Airliners, a company that serves Northern Ontario from Thunder Bay, are regulars here.
Carmichael Drive runs south and east of the airport. It should be possible to follow this road that leads past the approach of runway 26.
Along Airport road you pass a preserved black CF-101B Voodoo that is at the crossroad with Airport way. Continue onward and you will reach the former CF ramps and hangars that are now occupied by Bombardier. They built CL-415s here and do some rework on DHC-8. From their parking lot you can have a look through the hangardoor window.
- 121.225/127.250/233.400/356.300Toronto control
- CL-415 end-assembly
DHC-8 modification and overhaul
- 101054/'101067'CF-101B, on crossroads Airport road/Little down way/Airport way; near entrance to CFB (black c/s)
- 100500/'18500'CF-100 Mk5D, in the housing area opposite spot 3
- Official website of the airport authority
- North Bay's preserved aircraft among many others!