Phototopic RI(P)X 13-03-2009 Riga Museum

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
FARO
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Phototopic RI(P)X 13-03-2009 Riga Museum

Post by FARO »

At friday the 13e, with tears in mine heart;

The aircraft museum near Riga Airport, nice Russian aircraft, but they are not in a good shape
anymore, also helicopters;

First at the entrance Mil Mi..

Mil Mi 26

Mig 29 wath there is left :@(: :@(:

Mig 25

Su 17

Mig 21

Tu 22

At the other side of the airport Il 76

greetz Marco
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: Phototopic RI(P)X 13-03-2009 Riga Museum

Post by ehusmann »

FARO wrote:At friday the 13e, with tears in mine heart;

The aircraft museum near Riga Airport, nice Russian aircraft, but they are not in a good shape
anymore, also helicopters;
Actually, I think it is improving. Check the pics I took there last year in June: http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=43648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems they have at least given the Mi-2 a new coat of paint!

Anyway, a nice museum indeed and I envy your snowy pictures! Really nice!

Erwin
Sky
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Sky »

Hi,

Nice pics. Although they don't look that good.

I was wondering where it is from the International airport. I go to Tbilisi in may via Riga. I have on both ways 5:25 hour. Nice to drop by and look at these Russians.

Are there any costs by the way?

Thanks,
Key
Site Admin
Site Admin
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: U bet

Post by Key »

Must agree with Erwin. Nearly fifteen years ago :saint: the Mi-2s, MiG-29, MiG-25, Su-7 and MiG-21s were in a storage compound. They looked partly the same, partly worse than they do now. The Mi-6 and Tu-22M were abandoned somewhere on the airfield and their condition seems not to have deteriorated either.
Having said that, it the MiG-29 obviously is in a sorry state (like it was back then).

Erik
Engines Turning Or People Swimming
FARO
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by FARO »

Hy, Sky,

I was wondering where it is from the International airport. I go to Tbilisi in may via Riga. I have on both ways 5:25 hour. Nice to drop by and look at these Russians.

Are there any costs by the way?

From the terminal goes outside, then goes left, there is a road thats going parallel
with the airport.
It is just 5 min. walk; It is open from 10:00 till 17:00 and the cost was 5 Lats, that is
€7,00

In GOOGLE EARTH you can see it, it is next too the terminal.

Greetz Marco

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”