Some Fujairah pics from november 2008

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
phantom

Some Fujairah pics from november 2008

Post by phantom »

Not the best place to spot. Forbidden to photograph and a lot of security. Also an 3.5 meter high wall that surrounds the whole airfield. Here a small impression of sneaky shots taken from the restaurant and hill.

Hill shot
Il-18 UR-CFR to be scrapped !
EX-601 on the active platform
ST-MRS waiting for another flight together with B727 N25AZ
EK-76727 on the active platform
Flight Dubai-Amsterdam KLM B777
MikeRomeo
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: MikeRomeo

Post by MikeRomeo »

Allways excellent to see pics from U.A.E.
Altough I liked all the photos I give 5 stars for the 1st one, for showing a spotting place, samething you don't see every day.
Lot of interesting planes, but too bad the security thing :cry: ...
Rui Miguel - oblogdoruimiguel.blogspot.com
SilverWingPix
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by SilverWingPix »

Great 2 c pics from FJR again. I got arrested on that hill some years back by the way :shock: After 4 hours of interrogation at Fujairah Policestation my "accomplices" and myself were released again with all our pictures intact :D Interesting experience - the good cop / bad cop routine was fun :P

There seem to be alot more aircraft there nowadays btw. Did you do log or do a "tail"-count?

Egon/CPH
Best Regards,
Egon aka SilverWingPix
phantom

Fujairah

Post by phantom »

I don't write numbers but only make pictures. After taken some pictures from the hill a part of our group get questioned by the airport security.
SilverWingPix
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by SilverWingPix »

They once did ramp photo passes at FJR like at Sharjah. I wish they would start doing that again as there are so much more to photograph there nowadays.

Still its great that there are brave souls like yourself. The more they see spotters/photographers in these part the better for us all. Hopefully they´ll realize we are harmless. Well some of us at least *LOL* :lol:

I will post some FJR shots as well some day soon.

Egon/CPH
Best Regards,
Egon aka SilverWingPix
phantom

Fujairah

Post by phantom »

Thanks for your comments SilverWingPix. Hope to see your pictures soon !

Phantom

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”