Video spam

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent videos with the rest of the community.

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your aviation videos with the rest of the community.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes and be clear about what kind of videos your viewers can expect.
Use the [youtube] tag where applicable and pay attention to the help about its changed use, displayed in the message editor when you post.

Bring any video criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Redskin301
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Graphical
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nee

Re: Video spam

Post by Redskin301 »

OK, clear explanation. Well I agree with that; I have also the same feeling with photography. Also here sometimes a memory card dump is done by people to get comments unfortunately. Also keep in mind that YouTube is full with video advising people to hunt for the clicks and followers! This behavior is created on the video platform itself and goes much further that the aviation channels only.
Regards Alex van Noye,

http://www.runway28.nl
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by ehusmann »

Wow, three (3!) years later, people finally agree. Now lets see if the moderators finally get the message. Because other than making a sticky of this topic (yes, really...) they have done absolutely nothing visibly. Most topics are still for one video only, most topics are rarely viewed and since I opened this topic the spam level has only gone up. I mean, do you really have to put your freaking name in the topic title?

Anyway, I have since dialed back my contribution considerably, because as some poster here now as well suggested "just don't watch if you don't want to see it". I had figured out already that that indeed was the only option.... unfortunately.

Erwin
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F4 + H5
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Si

Post by Hurricane »

ehusmann wrote:Wow, three (3!) years later, people finally agree. Now lets see if the moderators finally get the message. Because other than making a sticky of this topic (yes, really...) they have done absolutely nothing visibly. Most topics are still for one video only, most topics are rarely viewed and since I opened this topic the spam level has only gone up. I mean, do you really have to put your freaking name in the topic title?
Erwin
What message Erwin?

During the past years I have researched various options to clear the annoying factors in the Video topic. Spoken with numerous regular contributors about their wishes and ideas. This resulted in desires of own channel-topics towards inclusion of YouTube channels and the option of closing down Video topic completely and many variations in between. The later has my personal preferance however the Scramble Board did not agree to this. Creation of own channel pages would include a lot of content controle and would lead to similar requests of photographers from the Photo-topics. To much workload on our behalf so these plans did not made it either.

Bear in mind that the number of people complaining about the video-topics does not exceed 10, the same number of people also voted to keep the Video-topic as it is so you guys keep the score in balance.

Active regulation has been performed for a period of six months; costed a lot of additional hours for myself, lots of mediation behind the scene and nearly cost us our sponsor. Not the result I had in mind ...

And where does this ends? Photo-topics show similar cases, Civil/Military News-topics share similar cases. These need to be included in general regulation and this regulation also needs to be monitored. The vision of Scramble is to be a complete platform for all aviation enthousiast, this implies some general regulation and a lot of self-regulation. Like you said it yourself; if you ignore certain behavior it will reduce over time.

Personally I have a clear vision how I would like to organise things around here and so do my fellow moderators however we all have to keep in mind the greater good and that can conflict with personal opinions. It takes time and eventually will lead to solutions that will satisfy the majority.
Groeten,
Ron