Jever (ETNJ) - 2012 MIL

ImageLogs and news for those airports and airfields in Germany not covered in the subforums.

Forum rules
Image
Post Reply
User avatar
FNF Rafale
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 17:22

Jever (ETNJ) - 2012 MIL

Post by FNF Rafale »

Hi to all,
Can anybody, please, give me directions to reach nice spots at Jever, for both runways ?
Thansk in advance.
Mark
User avatar
Bennie
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Posts: 15454
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 15:12
Type of spotter: Military (numbers & photography)
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Ofcourse
Location: @ home, @ work or elsewhere in the world!

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by Bennie »

FNF Rafale wrote:Hi to all,
Can anybody, please, give me directions to reach nice spots at Jever, for both runways ?
Thansk in advance.
Mark
In 2012, Google Earth provides great assistance to solve these problems :wink:
Ben
Scramble member, reader & contributor since 1984
arentjan
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Sep 2011, 18:06
Type of spotter: S3
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nope

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by arentjan »

Been there today. Nice weather. We arrived at 11:30. First at spot 28. Then moved to 10 via the south on the rural roads in the forest. Not recommended unless you have a SUV. On the beginning of runway 10 there are some scrapped jets, Phantom and Tornado. You also have a view the flight-line. 7 a/c were parked. Till 13:45 no action. Then a Phantom started en went asap to 28 again via north-side (Rahrdumer strasse/Addernhausener Strasse). At 14:00 landing of 2 Phantoms. At 14:05 take of 2 a/c, at 14:10 the 3rd.

No A-4 was seen by me. Beware there is only flying on Friday in the morning. See http://ourairports.mobi/airports/ETNJ/notams.html

Image
User avatar
FNF Rafale
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 17:22

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by FNF Rafale »

Bennie wrote: In 2012, Google Earth provides great assistance to solve these problems :wink:
I agree, but sometimes, hidden tracks can lead you near the fence and the hangars ... It aws the case at Frankfurt AFB ;-)
User avatar
FNF Rafale
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 17:22

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by FNF Rafale »

arentjan wrote:Been there today. Nice weather. We arrived at 11:30. First at spot 28. Then moved to 10 via the south on the rural roads in the forest. Not recommended unless you have a SUV. On the beginning of runway 10 there are some scrapped jets, Phantom and Tornado. You also have a view the flight-line. 7 a/c were parked. Till 13:45 no action. Then a Phantom started en went asap to 28 again via north-side (Rahrdumer strasse/Addernhausener Strasse). At 14:00 landing of 2 Phantoms. At 14:05 take of 2 a/c, at 14:10 the 3rd.

No A-4 was seen by me. Beware there is only flying on Friday in the morning. See http://ourairports.mobi/airports/ETNJ/notams.html

Hi jan, Thanks for your help !

I truly appreciate. I you need any help on a French base, feel free to ask I a former French mil pilot nad, sometimes it helps ;-)
arentjan
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Sep 2011, 18:06
Type of spotter: S3
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nope

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by arentjan »

Glad to help. Addition: Wind was SSE so there were flying 10>28. And at the path at the end of 28 you do not have a good view on the field. It's just grass, trees and birds and a little runway. Good luck!
User avatar
FNF Rafale
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 17:22

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by FNF Rafale »

arentjan wrote:Glad to help. Addition: Wind was SSE so there were flying 10>28. And at the path at the end of 28 you do not have a good view on the field. It's just grass, trees and birds and a little runway. Good luck!
Hi,
Another question. Is there any place where you can take them taxiing ?
You told me that they were landing Eastward, so, why did you go to the end of 28 ? ...
arentjan
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Sep 2011, 18:06
Type of spotter: S3
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nope

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by arentjan »

Was my first time there and been there only a few hours. Wanted to see the planes take off, so that's why I went to 28. That was just 10 seconds of noize and smoke, but nothing more. I know, I should stayed at 10 'cos that had the best view and (when they were landing east) you have a very good view. View on field: at 10 you can see flightline (incl. taxi) on northside. After a/c landed it went the the southpart of the field. Don't know if you can see that good from another point. In either way I recommend the westpart (area around 10). There is one road that leads to a gate (yellow cross on map, Horster Mulenweg), but maybe you could try the privat roads a little but to the north as well.
User avatar
FNF Rafale
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 17:22

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by FNF Rafale »

Thanks :-)
It seems, looking closely on Google earth, that there is no better ways than the one you used. The south fence, is inside the woods. Therefore, you cannot see them near their hangars.
Thanks again for your help.
I'll try to go there next week and will tell you if I find something more interesting ;-)
Marc
arentjan
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Sep 2011, 18:06
Type of spotter: S3
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nope

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by arentjan »

Your welcome. If you go and you take some pictures, please post them in the Scramble Photo-forum! Oh... I heard from a local Wittmundhafen is not closed (runway should be 'open'), but they are working on buildings etc. But if there will be some action??? You could take a look if you have spare time.
User avatar
Wesley Woortman
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 16:31
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: JEVER - MIL - 2012

Post by Wesley Woortman »

Not sure, but: Probably a precaution/emergency landing at the moment in Fliegerhorst Jever! A F-4F has a probably a engine failure, right engine is frozen.

I repeat, i'm not sure if this a real emergency or an exercise!
Buccaneer S.2B
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 834
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 22:04
Location: Druten

Re: Jever (ETNJ) - 2012 MIL

Post by Buccaneer S.2B »

Good morning,

Planned to go to Wittmund next Wednesday. Does anybody know if some F4's or Tornado's (scrap) can be seen at Jever's west side, so worth the detour from Wittmund?

t.i.a.,
regards,
Remco
Post Reply