20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

ImageAll Airshow related news and logs.

Moderator: Jaap

Forum rules
Image Post all airshow-related items here. Please keep the postings as informative and to-the-point as possible. Refrain from postings with the sole intention to communicate whether you like the show or not, unless accompanied by arguments that can help others.
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

It was confirmed that the Hungarian Air Force will do the usual display over the Tisza river this year on the 20th of august.
They do two training days before the date. The "airshow" will be done in the afternoon. Possible types: Mi-24, Mi-17, AS350, Zlin242

Last year a similar airshow was done over the Danube in the center of Budapest in the early hours: https://kameraaltal.blog.hu/2018/08/20/ ... budapesten
For this there is no confirmation if it will be done again

My previous videos from the Szolnok city event:


User avatar
ifor1996
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Posts: 89
Joined: 28 Nov 2006, 18:54
Location: amersfoort

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by ifor1996 »

Hi,

Is there any more day and time info on when the training takes place?
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

ifor1996 wrote:Hi,

Is there any more day and time info on when the training takes place?
Not yet, usually they give it out a week before the training days.
The Budapest event on the 20th will be between 9:15-10:00, that is officially confirmed

Levente
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

The official announcement is online
The 20th event at Szolnok will start at 17:30
The hungarian article promises the Mi-24

https://www.szolsport.hu/kozelgo-progra ... szttus-20/
Blackbird 1313
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 18:26

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Blackbird 1313 »

Hi All.

Sorry for the delay.

Here is my log, for a Trip over to Hungary. For the St Stephens Day Celebrations, over Bucharest and Szolnok.

Tuesday 20th August 2019. St Stephens Day.

0915 to 1030 hrs.

Bucharest Flypast;

Wave 1;

102. AS.350B2 Ecureuil. MH 59 Sz DR. Later performed, solo display.
21. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0821. ex OK-0821 )
22. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0822. ex OK-0822 )

Wave 2;

3304. Mil Mi-8T. Hip C. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
25. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0073. ex OM-FOR )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )

Wave 3;

701. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn. Later performed, solo display.
702. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
704. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.

Wave 4;

331. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 358 – GAF 96+41. Later performed, solo display.
334. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 415 – GAF 96+44.

Wave 5;

336. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 439 – GAF 96+46.
338. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 444 – GAF 96+48.

Wave 6;

(76+01). EC-645 T2. German Air Force / HSG-64.
(76+02). EC-645 T2. German Air Force / HSG-64. Showed up on ADSB as GAF 920 / 3EA34A.
H3-73. AS.532AL Cougar. Slovenian Air Force / 15th Helicopter Battalion. Showed on ADSB as LSV 373 / 506F69.

Wave 7;

406. An-26 Curl. 59 HRE / 3 Transport Sqn.

Wave 8;

604. A-319 112. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Camel 64.

Wave 9;

605. A-319 112. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Camel 65.

Wave 10;

606. Falcon 7X. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Falcon 7.

Wave 11;

37. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Showed on ADSB as Puma 11 / 473C08.
43. JAS-39D Gripen. 59 HRE.
44. JAS-39D Gripen. 59 HRE.

Wave 12;

32. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c.
34. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c.

The Gripens, all returned a short time later, as one formation. Launching flares, as they flew over. Each aircraft then individually, banking hard left up over the City.

The Transport aircraft, all pulling quite sharply up and away after their individual passes.

This was followed, by spirited solo displays, from the Ecureuil, a Mil-17 and Mil-24.

The display was closed, by a parachute drop from a Mil-17. The parachutists landing on a barge in the river.

All in all, a very impressive display.

Followed in the Evening, 1730 to 1930 hrs.

Szolnok Town. St Stephens Day. 59 HRE River Festival;

Wave 1;

21. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0821. ex OK-0821 )
22. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0822. ex OK-0822 )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )

These made three separate passes during the Show..

Wave 2;

102. AS.350B2 Ecureuil. MH 59 Sz DR. Later performed a solo display.
331. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 358 – GAF 96+41. Later performed a solo display.
336. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 439 – GAF 96+46.

Wave 3;

701. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn. Also did a Para drop after the initial Flypast. To open proceedings. It later performed a solo display.
702. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
705. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.

There was a Tactical Demo on the River, involving a river cruiser, which had been taken over by hostiles.
It was returned to safe hands, after being stormed by friendly Forces.
102. 336. 702 and 705 were all involved in this demo.

After all the Helicopter activity. The peace, was shattered by the unexpected, extremely noisy overflight of;

32. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c again.
34. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c again.

They returned a short time later, for what seemed, to be an even louder overflight, followed by a zoom climb away from the scene.

Again another impressive display. Made up of pretty much, the same participants as the Flypast over the Capital.


Cheers.

Terry M.
User avatar
michel N
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1748
Joined: 06 Oct 2002, 14:31
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Yes

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by michel N »

Bucharest... or Budapest :)
flown in: Things with wings
Blackbird 1313
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 18:26

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Blackbird 1313 »

Finger trouble.... Budapest.
Doh!!!!
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

25. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0073. ex OM-FOR )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )


These two arrived with the serials as:
25=OK-0073
26=OK-0074

Came from the factory
Blackbird 1313 wrote:Hi All.

Sorry for the delay.

Here is my log, for a Trip over to Hungary. For the St Stephens Day Celebrations, over Bucharest and Szolnok.

Tuesday 20th August 2019. St Stephens Day.

0915 to 1030 hrs.

Bucharest Flypast;

Wave 1;

102. AS.350B2 Ecureuil. MH 59 Sz DR. Later performed, solo display.
21. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0821. ex OK-0821 )
22. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0822. ex OK-0822 )

Wave 2;

3304. Mil Mi-8T. Hip C. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
25. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0073. ex OM-FOR )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )

Wave 3;

701. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn. Later performed, solo display.
702. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
704. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.

Wave 4;

331. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 358 – GAF 96+41. Later performed, solo display.
334. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 415 – GAF 96+44.

Wave 5;

336. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 439 – GAF 96+46.
338. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 444 – GAF 96+48.

Wave 6;

(76+01). EC-645 T2. German Air Force / HSG-64.
(76+02). EC-645 T2. German Air Force / HSG-64. Showed up on ADSB as GAF 920 / 3EA34A.
H3-73. AS.532AL Cougar. Slovenian Air Force / 15th Helicopter Battalion. Showed on ADSB as LSV 373 / 506F69.

Wave 7;

406. An-26 Curl. 59 HRE / 3 Transport Sqn.

Wave 8;

604. A-319 112. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Camel 64.

Wave 9;

605. A-319 112. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Camel 65.

Wave 10;

606. Falcon 7X. MH 59 Sz DR. ADSB Call sign Falcon 7.

Wave 11;

37. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Showed on ADSB as Puma 11 / 473C08.
43. JAS-39D Gripen. 59 HRE.
44. JAS-39D Gripen. 59 HRE.

Wave 12;

32. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c.
34. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c.

The Gripens, all returned a short time later, as one formation. Launching flares, as they flew over. Each aircraft then individually, banking hard left up over the City.

The Transport aircraft, all pulling quite sharply up and away after their individual passes.

This was followed, by spirited solo displays, from the Ecureuil, a Mil-17 and Mil-24.

The display was closed, by a parachute drop from a Mil-17. The parachutists landing on a barge in the river.

All in all, a very impressive display.

Followed in the Evening, 1730 to 1930 hrs.

Szolnok Town. St Stephens Day. 59 HRE River Festival;

Wave 1;

21. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0821. ex OK-0821 )
22. Zlin.242L. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0822. ex OK-0822 )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )

These made three separate passes during the Show..

Wave 2;

102. AS.350B2 Ecureuil. MH 59 Sz DR. Later performed a solo display.
331. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 358 – GAF 96+41. Later performed a solo display.
336. Mil Mi-24P Hind F. MH 86 Phoenix Attack Helicopter Sqn. ex NVA 439 – GAF 96+46.

Wave 3;

701. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn. Also did a Para drop after the initial Flypast. To open proceedings. It later performed a solo display.
702. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.
705. Mil Mi-17 Hip H. 59 HRE / 1 Transport Helicopter Sqn.

There was a Tactical Demo on the River, involving a river cruiser, which had been taken over by hostiles.
It was returned to safe hands, after being stormed by friendly Forces.
102. 336. 702 and 705 were all involved in this demo.

After all the Helicopter activity. The peace, was shattered by the unexpected, extremely noisy overflight of;

32. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c again.
34. JAS-39C Gripen. 59 HRE. Reported to be the local QRA a/c again.

They returned a short time later, for what seemed, to be an even louder overflight, followed by a zoom climb away from the scene.

Again another impressive display. Made up of pretty much, the same participants as the Flypast over the Capital.


Cheers.

Terry M.
Blackbird 1313
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 18:26

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Blackbird 1313 »

Hi.

Thanks for the Zlin information.

Cheers.

Terry M.
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

Blackbird 1313 wrote:Hi.

Thanks for the Zlin information.

Cheers.

Terry M.
You welcome
Hope you enjoyed this small air event.

Levente
patrick dirksen
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 2277
Joined: 11 Sep 2002, 00:12
Type of spotter: Mil & ex-mil, zowel nummers als platen!
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Tuurlijk
Location: Eindhoven (en een beetje Epe)

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by patrick dirksen »

25. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0073. ex OM-FOR )
26. Zlin.143Si. Hungarian Air Force. ( I believe, this to be c/n 0074. ex D-EWFI )
The ones you refer to are Zlin 43s, not 143s, hence the confusion.
Cheers,

Patrick Dirksen
Tristar Aviation
Blackbird 1313
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 18:26

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Blackbird 1313 »

Hi Benedek Levente and Patrick Dirksen.

Thanks again for your replies.

I obviously, misunderstood the comment by Benedek, "they came from the factory".

As a result. Rechecking on the Aerodata system, I use for my loggings. I have now found a production list for the Zlin 143 Lsi.

The highest c/n currently available is 0068. The two I saw are obviously quite new. Hence, their none appearance on the list.

I also, fell into the trap of assumption. Thinking second hand aircraft had been purchased. Something, I did think of as strange, when I did my log.

I have done a little more digging, I see a similar situation applies, to the two Zlin 242's 21 c/n 0821. 22 c/n 0822.
I see they, are new build aircraft also. Delivered as OK-0821 / OK-8022.

On my Aerodata. there is a jump from c/n 0820 to 0830. I need to update them with all of the above information.

Things have now become clearer to me. I still made, four new serials though, which is good.

Thanks again Guys.

Terry M
patrick dirksen
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 2277
Joined: 11 Sep 2002, 00:12
Type of spotter: Mil & ex-mil, zowel nummers als platen!
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Tuurlijk
Location: Eindhoven (en een beetje Epe)

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by patrick dirksen »

You're welcome! And lucky you, I still need all four of them... ;-)
Cheers,

Patrick Dirksen
Tristar Aviation
Levente
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 412
Joined: 03 Oct 2012, 15:24
Type of spotter: Media
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Levente »

Blackbird 1313 wrote: I also, fell into the trap of assumption. Thinking second hand aircraft had been purchased. Something, I did think of as strange, when I did my log.
All were purchased frist hand from the Zlin factory.
The 242 came in 2017 and the 143 came in 2018.
But all were transferd back in the summer of 2018, for modification.
Eventually all flew at the end of same year.

Levente
Blackbird 1313
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 18:26

Re: 20th of august - Hungary, Szolnok

Post by Blackbird 1313 »

Thanks again.

Managed, to identify the correct aircraft in the end.

I hope to return in 2020.

Cheers.

Terry.
Post Reply