|ICAO Code:||LTHA/GBS||Info Last Validated:|
|Runway(s):||12/30, HEL||Elevation:||3615 ft|
Gölbasi is located to the south of Ankara and is home to the Turkish police academy. The full name of the heliport is Ufuk Danismend Polis Heliportu. Beware, plane spotting is neither understood nor appreciated in Turkey.
Although the small heliport is situated on a huge police training site, views are surprisingly good. Most of the apron can be seen from a public road, named Uluyol Yaylabag Gölbasi Yolu. But beware, there's probably no place in Turkey with a larger concentration of cops...
From Ankara, take highway 21 south to Antalya and Konya. After the junction with highway 20, which runs east-west, you will find the city of Gölbasi. You can take either the first to road D-260 or the second exit after this junction, as long as you make sure you cross highway 21 by heading under the bridge. After the bridge the Yaylabag Caddesi bends to the right and leads to a T-junction, turn left here on to the 49.Sokak. Follow this road uphill. About two and a half kilometers after the sharp right curve, the heliport is on your left.
- Orders of Battle
- Turkish Air Force Order of Battle
- Turkish Army Aviation Command Order of Battle
- Turkish Navy Aviation Command Order of Battle
- Turkish Gendarmerie Aviation Directorate Order of Battle
- Turkish Coast Guard Aviation Command Order of Battle
- General Directorate of Security - Aviation Dept. Order of Battle
- Turkish National Intelligence Organization Order of Battle
- Turkish General Directorate of Forestry Order of Battle
- Turkey Database