The Red Bull Air Race 2008 in Budapest

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
damian
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

The Red Bull Air Race 2008 in Budapest

Post by damian »

I'd like to present a few pictures from Budapest :

1.Image

2.Image

3.Image

4.Image
kiwi
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by kiwi »

You captured the speed nicely, but something about the blur is a little to, how do I put this right, hectic maybe. Maybe a little too much or to little blur, some parts are a little to sharp. Don't know how I can explain this better.. The background draws the attention from the subject too much, but that's just my opinion
Zdun
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by Zdun »

Great shots Damian. :)
PIK Flyer
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by PIK Flyer »

My first attempt at posting photos to the forum (I'm mainly a numbers man) but I couldn't resist! :wink:

I hope the linking works.

PIK Flyer
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by PIK Flyer »

...and a couple more from me.

Image[/url]
Hilco
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: Hilco

Post by Hilco »

Nice shots, both of you!

I was wondering why it is not that crowded in the background. I can only see a handfull of spectators... Is this because of a reason or is it just coincedence and was it really crowded next to where you guys stood?

Hilco
PIK Flyer
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by PIK Flyer »

Hilco wrote:Nice shots, both of you!

I was wondering why it is not that crowded in the background. I can only see a handfull of spectators... Is this because of a reason or is it just coincedence and was it really crowded next to where you guys stood?

Hilco
Thanks for the kind words. My shots were taken mainly on the practice day on the Monday - the qualifying day on the Tueaday was busier but still ok. Unforunately we had to go home on the Tuesday night before the final on the Wednesday. The Wednesday was a Hungarian National Holiday and as a result, most of the locals would be on holiday - thats when it was expected to get REALLY busy. Somewhere in the region of 600,000 plus expected. :shock:

As for it being busy where I was standing - I hope not! I was in my hotel room on the 5th floor - our own private viewing enclosure - superb view of the full course - much better than the VIP enclosure. 8)

If anyone is thinking of going next year - unless you are actually interested in who wins, the best days for photos are the rehearsals. Its not at all crowded, the action is continuous (each pilot has several attempts at the course) - the pilots are more relaxed and throw in a few extra manouvres for the spectators. This year in particular, because the water level was considered too high for safety on the Wednesday, the pilots were not allowed to fly under the bridge whereas during the rehearals, we got to see them fly under the bridge in both directions.
Hilco
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: Hilco

Post by Hilco »

ok that clears up a mystery for me...

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”